Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New NOAA Hurricane Forecast

Scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and its various subsidiaries -- the Climate Prediction Center, the National Hurricane Center, the Hurricane Research Division, and the Hydrometeorological Prediction Center -- say today that there's "a very high 75% chance of an above-normal hurricane season" starting June 1.

They caution, however, that there is "considerable uncertainty in forecasts" owing to the remote possibility of "La NiƱa conditions during August-October" and related dynamics.
Expected Activity - 75% chance above normal, 20% chance near normal, 5% chance below normal
But it's still May on Pensacola Beach, and a glorious May at that -- high temperatures, low humidity, and sunny days.

Bank 'em. You'll want to remember what makes Pensacola Beach such a livable place if one of those "13 to 17 tropical storms" happens to make landfall here.

No comments: