Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Florida Oil Loop Image

"The oil pollution 'could endanger Florida’s shoreline mangroves, seagrass beds and the third-longest barrier reef in the world, the 221-mile-long Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.'"
-- Jeff Hoffmeyer, Univ. of Southern Mississippi Center
for Fisheries Research and Development
(quoted by Think Progress.org)
The composite image below comes via ThinkProgress.org. Brad Johnson laid a MODIS satellite image of BP's massive oil spill over a National Weather Service HYCOM model of Gulf water currents. For a detailed view, click the image or these words.

4 comments:

deutschland-debatte said...

Help me to multiplicate my plan.
Several days ago I send the plan to BP and the White House - I got nice and friendly response, not more. I hate that because I am engineer and I know a lot.
Plan:
THE PLAN AGAIN - SHORT -
USE LIQUID GAS. PUMP THE LIQUID GAS INTO THE HOLE. OIL BECOMES ICE. ICE WILL BLOCK OIL. YOU WILL HAVE SOME TIME TO REPAIR.
WHY DO YOU WASTE TIME IN AMERICA?
I was very concerned and angry reading this morning "TOP KILL DIDN'T WORK!"

Bernd Mueller
www.deutschland-debatte.de

ремонт кухни said...

Thanks for the article, very helpful information.

www.muebleslarioja.muebles.cn said...

Gosh, there's a lot of helpful information above!

sex shop tienda said...

I fully agree with anything you've printed here.