Evening news reports say BP has "temporarily" halted adding heavy mud. The highly reliable UK Guardian says in a news item with a Friday morning deadline:
Doug Suttles, BP's chief operating officer, insisted that the operation was going to plan, but admitted: "What we do know is that we have not yet stopped the flow."The
He said BP engineers would soon use additional materials to try to plug the well, suggesting heavy mud deployed so far would not work on its own. "It's quite a roller coaster," he told a reporters' conference call, adding that the disaster has cost BP $850m so far.